Anissa Pierce is the tritagonist in the CW series Black Lightning.
Anissa was born in 1995, to Jefferson and Lynn Pierce.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
In The Resurrection, Anissa was first seen walking up to her dad at the Freeland Police station after being arrested for protesting. She sighed after he ignored her and walked out the station to the car. Jennifer gave her a dress and told her to hurry up and change.
While in the car, Jefferson scolded her for protesting the One Hundred instead of attending the fundraiser. They started to argue about the situation until they were pulled over by the cops. When one of the officers used excessive force with Jefferson, she started to record the incident. One of the officers told her to stop recording and put her hands on the dashboard, but she refused until Jefferson told her to do as they said. After Jefferson was let go, they continued on driving to the fundraiser.
At the fundraiser, Anissa and Jefferson listened to Senator Nina Turner make a speech about all that Jefferson has accomplished since becoming principal. When she talked about Jennifer, they noticed that she wasn't there; so she went looking for her. She found Jennifer in the bathroom with Kiesha. She asked where they were going, and Jennifer lied about going to house party and pleaded with her sister to let them go. After some hesitation, Anissa told Jennifer to be home by 10:15 pm.
Later on, when Jennifer didn't come home on time, Anissa tried texting her to see were she was. After she did come home, Anissa berated Jennifer on what could have happened to her while Jennifer ignored and shrugged the situation of. She explained how going to Club 100 was a dangerous thing to do and sat down to watch the news on the incident.
The next day, Anissa was getting out of the car and noticed Will harassing Jennifer. She intervened and told him to leave before she called the police. When he refused, she started to call the police. He grabbed her, but she punched him and lipped him on the ground. She along with the other faculty escorted the students back inside. In Jefferson's office, he asked her what was she thinking for beating up Will in front of the entire school. He told her that she not only put herself in danger, but also the school.
Anissa is a young woman in her early twenties. Standing of slightly taller than average for her present age, she has a slim and athletic physical build.
Anissa is an intelligent, open-minded young woman. She is not afraid in standing up for what she believes in such as protesting the 100. Anissa is also brave as she has stated she's not afraid of the 100, but this tends to get her in trouble with both the gang and the police as a result of her hotheadedness.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Density Control:Anissa can increase the mass in her body while preserving volume, which will increase the density in her body without inducing any drastically noticeable physiological change in the process, other than her own bodily weight increasing, and does not adversely affect her personal mobility in the slightest.
- Superhuman Strength:When Anissa manipulates her density, she makes her body heavier. She can focus her density manipulation into her hands, making them stronger and heavier, which gives her abnormal strength and striking power; conversely likewise, she could do the same to her lower limbs — not only augmenting the force behind her kicks but also strengthening the foundation of her foothold, rendering herself immovable to outside forces. This was shown when she broke her bathroom sink and tossed a robber all the way across the drug store. It was revealed in LaWanda: The Book of Burial, that Anissa can trigger her strength through holding her breath and has proven powerful enough to flip a car upside-down in Black Jesus.
- Near-Invulnerability: In the episode LaWanda: The Book of Burial, Anissa has shown to be somewhat invulnerable when she was training and punched a mountain full of junk and a piece fell on top of her, but Anissa didn't take any damage from it. Likewise, she did not damaged her foot after stomping violently down cemented pavement, producing upon it cracks from the point of impact.
- Stomp-Induced Shockwaves: At high density in lieu with maxed personal weight, Anissa can generate shockwaves by stomping hard from where she is presently positioned, taking advantage of the prodigious physical heaviness concentrated at her foot (or feet) together with the downwards kick to deal considerable damage upon the recipient, inducing loud tremors that can be heard and felt over a large area.
- Vocal Alteration: In the episode Black Jesus, it was seen that Anissa’s deliberate augmentation of her personal density also somehow affects her own voice, causing her speak in a hoarse and slightly reverberating manner.
- Expert Hand to Hand Combatant: Anissa has been shown to possess impressive hand to hand combat skills, as she was able to single-handedly flip a member of the 100 gang onto the ground. Combined with the prodigious raw physical strength as afforded by her powers, Anissa was seen inflicting critical injury on average people using only basic fighting tactics and techniques while assuming the offense during a fight.
- Medical skills: Anissa possesses medical skills, as it has been mentioned that she is a medical school student.
- Teaching skills: Anissa possesses teaching skills, specifically on the subject of health, as she works as a health educator 3 days a week at Garfield High School.
- Peak physical human conditioning: Anissa possesses somewhat good speed for a human female of her age as she regularly jogs.
- Expert Investigator: Anissa is very intelligent and an excellent investigator, as she follows every lead and rumor to discover the truth.
- Anissa is the first LGBT character in the show. The second being Chenoa, and the third being Grace Choi.
- She teaches 3 days a week as a health educator.
- She is a medical school student.
|LaWanda: The Book of Hope||Appears|
|LaWanda: The Book of Burial||Appears|
|And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light||Appears|
|Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder||N/A|
|Equinox: The Book of Fate||N/A|
|Little Black Lies||N/A|
|Sins of the Father||N/A|
|Rebellion in the Ranks||N/A|
|In the Lion's Den||N/A|
|Shadow of Death||N/A|